Now available at RCTC, Novalis Tx™ radiosurgery is changing the face of cancer treatment, and has already helped thousands of people continue to go to work, spend time with family and friends, and take part in their favorite activities, all while fighting cancer.
NOVALIS TX RADIOSURGERY
As one of the most advanced cancer treatment options available, Novalis Tx™ radiosurgery is changing the face of cancer treatment, and has already helped thousands of people continue to go to work, spend time with family and friends, and take part in their favorite activities, all while fighting cancer.
- Shapes the cancer-fighting radiation beam around your tumor or lesion, ensuring that the maximum prescribed dose of high-energy radiation is delivered to the entire tumor or lesion
- Protects surrounding healthy tissue
- Adapts treatment to your breathing and other body movements so that radiation delivery is safe,complete and accurate
- Reduces the likelihood of body or tumor movements, ensuring that treatment is delivered with the highest possible accuracy
- Offers one-time treatment or a series of treatments based on your doctor's recommendation
- Flexible treatment options ensure that you receive the best treatment for your condition
- Delivers one of the highest dose rates to treat tumors deep inside the body or brain
- Offers hope to those with conditions once considered untreatable and for whom surgery is not an option
CONDITIONS NOVALIS TX RADIOSURGERY TREATS
- Frameless radiosurgery offers you a more comfortable and non-invasive alternative to other radiosurgery systems which require immobilization with a head ring that attaches to the skull
Novalis Tx radiosurgery treats cancerous and non-cancerous conditions of the entire body, such as:
HOW NOVALIS TX RADIOSURGERY WORKS
- Acoustic neuromas
- Brain metastases/gliomas
- Lung tumors/metastases
- Meningiomas of the skull base
- Pituitary adenomas
- Recurrent brain tumors
- Spine tumors/metastases
- Trigeminal neuralgia
Novalis Tx radiosurgery consists of a high-tech radiation delivery system powered by sophisticated image-guidance and motion management tools. This state-of-the-art system rotates around you from many different angles, delivering the cancer-fighting shaped treatment beams where they're needed. The image-guidance and motion management tools provide your doctors with detailed information about the shape, size and position of your tumor, they also guide setup and positioning, and monitor your body and tumor motion during treatment.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Radiosurgery and radiotherapy use high-energy treatment beams to deliver the prescribed dose directly to your tumor cells, causing them to die. Treatment results, visible on follow-up scans, may include shrinkage of your tumor or no further tumor growth. Because cell destruction and
absorption of those cells within your system can be a lengthy process, it may take up to six months before your doctor can determine the effect of treatment.
Your doctor will discuss potential side effects with you depending on your overall treatment plan. Novalis Tx radiosurgery treatment is not painful in most cases and does not require anesthesia. Typically, there is no scarring or disfigurement and little risk of infection, compared to conventional surgery. While side effects are minimized, you may experience a headache, dizziness and fatigue immediately following treatment, so driving is not recommended. Make sure to arrange for transportation home.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
Discuss Novalis Tx radiosurgery with your doctor to find out if it's right for you. Learn more here...
To schedule a consultation, please contact:
Regional Cancer Treatment Center
102 N. Magdalen, Suite 120
San Angelo, TX 76903